Chicken recipes I've tried lately | Crack Chicken & Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs

In an effort to achieve balance between working long hours and still eating home-cooked meals,  I decided to bring out my crockpot and put it to use. I rarely use my crockpot so I'm still getting the hang of it and honestly its kind of been a struggle, lol. Everything I see sounds so good but I haven't had many meals that I actually loved. So to remedy this, I decided to start a new series chronicling my crockpot cooking experience. Throughout the years I've collected some recipes to try and I finally got around to making them over the long weekend.

Crack Chicken
What you'll need:
  • Chicken breast (I used a tray of boneless skinless chicken tenderloins)
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning 
  • 1 packet of ranch seasoning 
  • 8 ounces of cream cheese 
I layered the chicken on the bottom of the crockpot, sprinkled the seasoning packets over the chicken, then put the cream cheese on top of everything. I set it on low for about 6 hours  It shredded very easily, and I plated it with mashed potatoes and corn.

Thoughts on this recipe: 
This was pretty good but not amazing. In the future, I will probably cut the taco seasoning in half. In my opinion the flavor was a bit too strong. I'll definitely make it again, but like I said will use less seasoning.

Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs 
What you'll need:
  • 4 Chicken thighs (I used boneless skinless thighs)
  • Baby carrots (as much as you'd like) 
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce 
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
  • Black pepper to taste
Mix together soy sauce, honey, garlic, and seasonings. Place chicken and carrots in crockpot then pour in sauce mixture. Cook this on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. 

Thoughts on this recipe:
This was just OK for me. I thought it was missing something but couldn't put my finger on it. If I make this again, I will not put the carrots in because they turned out mushy. I also think I might have overcooked the chicken- so if you try this, maybe cook it on low for only about 4-5 hours. It was pretty saucy so I thickened it with flour. That helped a lot. I served this with rice and corn on the cob.

Final thoughts: 
Sadly, this round of crockpot newbie was a fail for me. I think I'm more of a sheet pan supper kind of girl. But I'll keep trying! I'll update the blog as I try more recipes. Hopefully I'll find some winners soon!

Have any of you tried these before? I'd love some suggestions for easy dump and go crockpot recipes! 

Comments

  1. I think your garlic chicken was missing something spicy.... When I just throw stuff together, I always try to use at least one of each kind of ingredient: spicy (crushed pepper), sweet (honey, maple syrup), and acidic (vinegar, ketchup).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh maybe ketchup... or pepper. I was really disappointed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

Our Memorial Day Weekend