new favorite side dish! | zucchini fries are SO GOOD!

Holy moly you guys, I have hit the healthy side dish jack pot! I have started cutting carbs and sugars again and came across this awesome recipe for zucchini fries that had me shocked by how good it was. I'm always hesitant when it comes to carb- alternatives and was not sure how this would go over, especially with my husband. Well spoiler alert: we loved it! My hubby, AKA the meat and potatoes guy, went back for seconds. It's a miracle! It was a very simple recipe so I wanted to share it with you all. 

What you'll need: 
1 large zucchini 
2 eggs, beaten 
1 cup almond flour 
Seasonings of your choice to taste (I did a generous mix of my holy grail cocktail: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika)

How to:
Cut zucchini into fry- sized rectangles
Beat 2 eggs in a shallow bowl 
Mix together almond flour and seasonings in another shallow bowl/ plate
Start dipping! Dip zucchini in the egg first then cover it in the flour mixture
Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until brown or crispy 

I served this with homemade bun-less burgers and my husband said he didn't miss the fries. I am so shocked haha. I half expected the zucchini to be soggy but the  almond flour really helps coat it so it stays mostly firm. So stinkin' good.


Let me know if you try this! The zucchini was so good- and it was gone super fast!

Comments

  1. Whoa! I hate veggies but need to eat more of them because I am having surgery soon. I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.