coffee chat

If you and I had coffee, we would likely get a table outside. Mask mandates have been lifted here, so we would be able to feel a bit "normal" while sitting at a coffee shop with our drinks. I would probably put way too much creamer or syrup in my coffee, and you'd tease me and ask if I want some coffee with my cream. I'd roll my eyes but laugh because you're right. I love me a good indulgent coffee. It's the one "unhealthy" thing I won't budge on. 

We would catch up, since it's probably been a really long time since we have gotten together in person. We'd agree that while facetime/ Zoom chats were an okay substitute, nothing compares to face-to-face girl time. 

I'd tell you about how the weight on my shoulders feels a bit less "heavy" even though every now and again there are still some really dark days. I would admit that though they don't come as frequently anymore, they do come out of the blue. I'd talk about how beautiful things have been making me sad, because Isabela isn't here to enjoy them. Little things like sunny days, pics of babies at the beach, saying hello to our neighborhood families while we come across each other on our walks. You'd probably remind me that she sees everything I do, not to mention that she is in the most beautiful place of all. You're right of course. That makes me smile a little and gives me a small comfort. 

If you and I had coffee, we would likely talk summer plans. Val and I don't have anything set in stone, but we would love to go away to the beach for a few days. One of our favorite vacations we ever took was a random midweek 3 night stay to Hampton Beach about 7 years ago. It was a perfect mix of relaxation and adventure. You might talk about a vacation or day trip you are taking this summer, too, and we could compare notes on places we've visited. I'm always looking for a new place to travel to. My bucket list currently consists of Nashville, Austin, and Destin. Nashville for the live music, Austin for the food, and Destin for the beach. 

Because they always do, books and tv shows would come up in conversation. We would chat the latest Netflix film or what book we are currently obsessed with. I would ask for some recommendations because I'm in a TV/movie rut. I have been half-watching Who Killed Sara on Netflix with Val in between chapters of my book and I have to admit, it's pretty darn good- but twisted. 

Speaking of twisted, HOLY MOLY have the books I've been reading been messed up. You probably wouldn't be too surprised, because my main reading genre is thrillers, but I would gush to you about the first true crime book I read called If You Tell by Gregg Olson. You would definitely be a little disturbed. The story follows Shelly Knotec, a mother who killed two friends after torturing them and who also severely abused her three daughters. Can you believe that there are people like that in the world? It's so sad. 

The conversation would likely shift a bit to something lighter. Because it's been so nice out, we would chat patio decor. I just bought a little set on Amazon that was very reasonably priced. I'm excited to put some effort in to the deck this year. The set goes so nicely with the outdoor rug I bought last year. I'm thinking about getting some string lights, too. I would show you the picture I took of my new little happy place. Simple, but still beautiful, I think. 

Our coffee date would end too soon, but we both have so much on our to-do list today. We pinky promise not to go so long without catching up in-person again and give each other the biggest hug before we head home. Thanks for catching up with me today, friend. It was so nice to chat over coffee with you. Hope you have a great day. 💓 

Linking up with Natalie

Comments

  1. Hello there! I haven't seen you on the coffee chat before but I'm happy to join you in that coffee shop without masks! I'm going to still use a mask indoors in shops and similar places, but I'm happy to take it off sitting at an outdoors coffee shop table, since I'm fully vaccinated. I agree that Zoom is fantastic, but nothing beats a good IRL meeting and chat.
    My heart goes out to you when I read about the loss of Isabela and how she can't enjoy these moments with you.
    I'm not impressed with Netflix these days, but we use it a lot and during the pandemic we've been watching several Star Trek series, we're still on the Next Generation and they're a great distraction! Regarding books I need to read more, and I'm reading a Jenny Colgan book on my phone before I fall asleep, and I'm going to start reading a book in Italian "Cristo si è fermato a Eboli" (Christ stopped at Eboli) by Carlo Levi.
    I really like your patio set! Hope you'll have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you lost someone, so I'm very sorry to hear that and hope that you are managing. It's a hard road. I think your book list sounds terrible!! If we were having coffee I'd cover my ears and say LALALALALA loudly to block those stories out. ;) I agree with you - how can anyone do that??? You're little spot in the sunshine does indeed look cheery - and I hope that's where you read those dark books. Take care and enjoy those coffees outdoors! #WeekendCoffeeShare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Felicia, to Weekend Coffee Share link-up. I'm the host. I hope you get to visit Destin for a beach vacation. The beaches there are beautiful. Please take time to visit and comment on my blog and at least two other blogs. It's how our Coffee Share blogging community thrives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little patio set-up. I'm still figuring out what kind of conversation set to get for our patio.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

Our Memorial Day Weekend