Recent favorite low-carb recipes | Big Mac salad & BBQ chicken pizza!

Hi everyone! Lately, I have been trying to eat low-carb, so I have been doing a ton of research on low-carb alternatives for my favorite foods. I've found a couple gems lately that I wanted to share with you!

Big Mac Salad. You guys, I have a dirty little secret: Big Macs are my absolute favorite fast food item. I know, they're huge and gross, and SO full of fat. But they're just SO stinkin' good. I love the sauce especially. So when I came across this Big Mac salad, I knew I had to try it. And OMG is it delicious. And SO easy and quick to make- it takes only a few minutes!

For the salad, you will need: 
ground beef
lettuce
tomatoes
reduced fat shredded cheese
2 dill pickle spears, chopped
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
(You could also add in a yellow onion, but I omitted since I don't like onion)

For the dressing, you will need: 
2 Tbsp Wishbone Light Thousand Island Dressing
1/8 tsp of white wine vinegar
1/8 tsp of onion powder

To make the salad: Brown the ground beef. I seasoned mine with salt and pepper to taste, and added some burger seasoning. In a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients. In a larger bowl, assemble your salad (in case you were wondering: I used 4 1/2 oz of ground beef, 2 1/2 cups of lettuce, 1/4 cup of tomatoes, and 1 chopped dill pickle spear). Mix in the dressing, top with sesame seeds, and enjoy. :)

This tasted EXACTLY like a Big Mac, without all the carb-y bread slices. I ate this several times last week for lunch and it was easy to meal prep, since 1 package of ground beef basically makes three servings. I LOVED this and will continue to make it for lunches. It's so easy to make ahead of time, too. I think I found my alternative to Big Mac cravings!
________________________________________________________________________________________

BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Pizza. Next up is my favorite! I was craving pizza over the weekend SO badly but I didn't want to (a) spend the money on it and (b) break my healthy eating streak. I did some research and found this awesome recipe for cauliflower pizza crust. The plus side was that I already had all the ingredients in my fridge to make an amazing BBQ chicken pizza.

For the crust, you will need: 
1 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
1 oz. 2% reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated cauliflower
1/4 cup egg beaters
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp oregano

For the pizza toppings, you will need: 
cooked chicken breast (I shredded mine and added salt, pepper, and BBQ seasoning)
3 tablespoons of sugar-free BBQ sauce (I used G Hughes)
1/4 cup of 2% reduced fat mozzarella cheese

To make the crust: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grate 1 cup of cauliflower in a food processor (or, be lazy like me and buy already-grated riced cauliflower!). On a cookie sheet have parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray ready. Combine crust ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture on the cookie sheet, spreading it to a thin layer about the shape of a dinner plate. Bake for 30 minutes, flip crust over, and bake an additional 7-10 minutes.

To make the pizza: Spread BBQ sauce over crust, top with chicken, and sprinkle cheese over the top. Broil the pizza until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.

YOU GUYS. This was SO dang good. I never thought cauliflower could be crispy! And it didn't even taste like cauliflower. I was so impressed! I will be making this AT LEAST once a week for the foreseeable future. You have to try this recipe. :)


Full credit for these recipes goes to Sandy from Sandy's Kitchen Adventures! Everything I've tried from her blog has been absolutely amazing and I highly recommend checking out her site for other really yummy low-carb options!

That's all from me today, folks! Those were a couple of really simple, delicious low-carb meals that I have been enjoying over the past week or so. Let me know if you make any of these- I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you for reading, 
Linking up with Lindsay

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

Our Memorial Day Weekend