Funny memes, lots of Pinterest-ing, chores, blogging, and cooking

This weekend was a really productive! I don't have many pictures of course, but I'll try to remember for next time.

On Friday I left work around 2 o'clock because I met my 40 hours. I had a cancelation and took advantage by leaving the office early. It was so nice to get home when it was still light out and it kicked off my weekend to a great start.

I laughed so hard at this meme. I shared it on my Instagram and several people messaged me saying it was an accurate depiction of me. 😂

I got in some puppy cuddles, and snapped this sweet selfie of me and my pup while we were hanging out on the couch.

On Saturday morning,  I had my weekly coffee date with Lauren. Per usual, lots of good conversation was had and we even talked blogs for a little bit. She's had one for over a year now so she gave me some really helpful tips. I cuddled my niece, read some books to her, and Lauren and I chatted over coffee and  good-naturedly complained about our husbands (lol). It was a great morning all around. 

After Lauren's, I ran some errands. I needed to pick up random odds and ends; cleaning products, hair elastics, light bulbs. Emphasis on random. 

When I came home I cleaned the house. I started laundry and did like 4 loads, start to finish. That almost never happens! I vaccuumed the rug and Cooper got the idea to protect me from the vaccuum lol. I tidied up the kitchen and my office space as well.

I did some Pinterest-ing for closet organization.

We got pizza for dinner on Saturday. I ended the night cuddled up on the couch with my husband and puppy, watching the newest episode of The Big Bang Theory. When Val (my husband) left for work, I took out my laptop to write up some blog posts.

On Sunday morning, I woke up SO late, at almost 11:00 am! My body must have really needed the sleep, because I don't even remember waking up when Val got home from work around 7:00 am that morning.

After making coffee, I ended up finishing the laundry and washing my Converse sneakers.
This was the "before". They came out OK, but not completely clean.
I may have to do another round. Anyone have any suggestions?

I sat down to work on my blog some more and was interrupted by a very needy Chihuahua. We ended up cuddling the majority of the afternoon. I'm a sucker.
See? Needy AF.

I meal prepped my lunches for work this week, and made HelloFresh's pulled pork rice bowls. It was delicious and gave me four meals for the week.

Val woke up around 3:30 pm and we just hung out on the couch, watching TV and talking. He's been trying to wake up a bit early on Sundays, and I really appreciate the effort. With him working third shift and sleeping in the daytime, my weekends can really drag. I loved hanging out with him in the afternoon.

I went on a major Pinterest spree, looking up inspiration for the letter board my friend and I have up in our office at work.
I found some really great ones!

For dinner I made HelloFresh's meatloaf balsamico. Val doesn't like sweet potato (it came with directions to make it a mashed potato), so we chopped up some russet potatoes into wedges for him and also added carrots to roast in the oven with the potatoes. Let me tell you, it was delicious.

While I was cooking dinner my mom came over briefly and we chatted a bit. After she left we ate dinner, did our normal Sunday night routines, and Val left for work again. I ended up on my laptop working on my blog again and watched a movie in bed with Cooper and fell asleep around midnight.

That's it, that was my weekend! Thanks for catching up with me. Sorry again for the lack of pictures, I will hopefully get the hang of this soon! Hope you have a great week :)


I am linking up with TanyaHeather, Johannah, and Lindsay for Hello Monday.


Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.