Friday Favorites! | concert, new book series, vacation, decor, shorts, new haircut, and (of course) puppy pictures

Hi everyone! It has been a hot minute since I posted, over a month. A lot has been going on, so I thought a Friday Favorites would be the best way to sum up the past month or so. We have lots to discuss, so let's get on with it!

1. A little over a month ago, I got to go to the Chris Young, Chris Janson, and Dylan Scott concert with a good friend who I used to work with. We had the best time!  The best part: we got a great deal on the tickets through Groupon. What I love most about country concerts is that it's almost like the artist is telling a story, and a lot of times they have background info about what struck inspiration for that particular song. It was so sweet to hear their stories about their families and wives. It was a fun time and I'm glad we decided to go.




2. I got into a new series by Nora Roberts (or JD Robb, which is the pseudonym she writes under). It's the In Death series- basically they are police procedurals set in a techonogically advanced near future. They're not the best things I've ever read, but they're so fun and I fly through them. It's a great time over all. So far I have read the first two (Naked in Death and Glory in Death) and am on the waitlist for the third installment (Immortal in Death) from my library. It's a 47 book series so I have plenty to get to! So exciting.



3. Last night we got back from our road trip with friends. We did Philly, DC, and an overnight stop in Baltimore. We actually left early from Baltimore because there was a death in my husband's family, but we had a great time with friends exploring the other 2 cities. I got to see so much more than I did when I went to DC over 10 years ago, and it was so cool to see things like the Library of Congress, the National Archives, and the Holocaust Museum. I also got to check out the Liberty Bell in Philly, and we tried cheesesteaks from 3 different famous places. It's safe to say that I am cheesesteak-ed out for the foreseeable future lol.  My favorite stop in Philly was Eastern State Penitentiary. I got some awesome photos, and I'm definitely going to be doing some posts recapping our trip. Here are some of my favorite pics from the trip:
















4. I got some new decor for our home! I picked up two new rugs- a natural colored jute rug for under our kitchen table, and an ivory/ gray/beige one for our living room. I'm loving them both! I also slightly updated our entry for the 4th of July, got a new table for the end of our hallway, and some new greenery and candlestick holders as well. The rugs were from Bed Bath & Beyond and the other items were from Christmas Tree Shop.





5. I discovered my new favorite shorts, from Target of course. I love how they fit and especially that the cuffs on the bottom don't unfold throughout the day. My favorite wash is the medium wash, but I like the dark denim as well.

6. Photography has been so fun for me lately! I say "photography" lightly, because I don't have a fancy camera or anything but I have enjoyed playing with the features on my phone and different filters.

7. I got a haircut! I got a trim, evened out my bob from last year, and got layers angled towards my face. I think it looks cute on me! Definitely makes styling a lot easier and my hair doesn't look so heavy and "blah" now that it has layers.



8. Can't forget to include puppy pictures from the last month! 






Last month, my sister and mom went on a cruise to that the Bahamas (I think? They went somewhere tropical) and she asked me to watch her dog Beau. At first, it was a struggle. He's not exactly house trained yet, and my poor floors were evidence of that. After a couple of days, we got into the routine of things and it went much more smoothly. It brought me back to last summer when I got to watch my sister-in-law's dog, Molly, and how much I loved having 2 puppies to snuggle with, and Cooper loving having someone to play with. I really do think I want to have 2 dogs one day. Here are some gems from the week with these two:






That's it for me update-wise! I have a few more posts I want to do for the upcoming week, including finally finishing my post on our kitchen table redo, our first fertility appointment and round 1 of tests, and a vacation wrap up. Thanks  for catching up with me!

Linking up with Whitney, Beth, & Erika

Comments

  1. I just went to the Holocaust museum this past week and the last time I had been was 10 years ago too! It really is a very interesting museum. I will be looking forward to your posts about your trip! It sounds fun! My family just moved to Virginia last year from the West Coast and Philly is on our list of places to visit. Eastern State Penitentiary sounds really interesting! And your haircut looks great! I just got my hair cut about a week ago and she cut it a good two inches shorter than I wanted, so now I can't wait for it to grow out a bit! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.