What's Up Wednesday | July 2019

Happy end of July! I can't believe we are already almost at the end of the summer. To say I am looking forward to the fall is an understatement. The weather here this month has been brutal! But let's get to the post, shall we? I always love participating in this link-up. 

What we're eating this week... 
Monday: Lemon chicken with spaghetti 
Tuesday: Rice bowl from a local burrito bar 
Wednesday: I met with up a friend for dinner- we shared appetizers (calamari and loaded potato skins) plus sangria. Yum. 
Thursday: Pork schnitzel (Hello Fresh meal)
Friday: Meatloaf   

What I'm reminiscing about... 
Not much, I've been (a bit too much ) in the present lately. But the other day I was talking to a friend about college. And if or how my life would have been different if I hadn't made the decision to go where I ultimately chose. 

What I'm loving...
My new Kindle case | I honestly don't know why it took me almost 10 years to finally think of buying one! It makes me love reading on my Kindle even more. 

Using my library! | I have LOVED using my public library lately. I have found myself checking the library FIRST before going to Amazon to 1-click books that sound interesting. Now that habit, I can get behind. 

Spotify | It's such a fun way to discover new music or listen to old favorites. 

Straightening my hair for work | Putting effort into my appearance when I am down in the dumps is really helping to lift my spirits. 


Scrunchies! | I am LOVING this nostalgic trend. My faves are the ones with the bow. So cute! 


Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara | I picked this upon a whim at Target the other day in an emergency, pre-event when I ran out of my old mascara. It's nothing amazing or anything, but my lashes look so pretty and fluffy with this mascara! I really like it. Even though I absolutely love when my lashes reach the heavens, I also love wispy lashes for a simple, everyday look. So far this product is perfect for me day-to-day. 

Getting regular pedicures | I swear, they are good for the soul. Worth every penny, in my opinion. 

My Yeti mug and Yeti knock-off 30 oz. tumbler (from Target) I use these things all day, everyday. They keep my drinks cold/hot for SUCH a long time. Plus, they're pretty. 


What we've been up to...
We've had lots of family events. I'm usually quite content to stay home and tend to distance myself from others, but it's been nice being around my husband's family.

I posted a catch-up post here after an accidental month's hiatus from blogging. I've dived into a few new series, redecorated our home a bit, took some REALLY cute puppy pictures, and we went on a road trip to DC, Philly, & Baltimore (a recap post coming soon, I promise). 




I finally finished the post about how we refinished our dining room table. You can read about in more detail here.  

We had lots of fertility appointments and testing that ended in a heartbreaking disappointment (post here) and I am focusing on recovering from that. That has honestly occupied most of my energy and thoughts, to be honest. Which doesn't leave room for much else. I'm working on that. 

What I'm dreading...
Maybe this is TMI? Whatever, I'm just being honest... I'm dreading my upcoming cycle... AKA I hope it doesn't start. 
We also have lots of changes coming up at work, and that always makes me a bit nervous.


What I'm working on... 
I'm trying so hard to be gentle to myself. I'm also trying to eat better and make time for more movement in my day. 


What I'm excited about... 
Lots of family time with my in laws next month. Going to the waterpark, parties up the wazoo, maybe seeing Dierks Bentley in a couple weeks... 


What I'm watching...
I'm still on a Criminal Minds kick. But I'll tell you what I haven't watched- the live action Aladdin and Lion King movies. I'm dying to see how they turned out but haven't had a chance to yet. Maybe this weekend! 

What I'm reading...
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (I LOVED the first book in this series so I couldn't wait to continue on with it!)


Immortal in Death by JD Robb (the third book in the In Death series)

...and for some reason that I still don't understand, I just started Outlander by Diana Gabaldon?! 


Can you tell I'm in need of some good old fashioned escapism? 

What I'm Listening to... 
My Happy. playlist on Spotify 



What I'm wearing...

Here are some of my favorites from the month: 
I also have this in the mustard color. 
This is from last year but I love this dress with White Converse and a jean jacket! 
I wore this to a baptism last week and felt so pretty in this dress!

And then some more favorites from the summer in general: 

The sandals I can't stop talking about
...And the shorts I can't stop talking about.

What I'm looking forward to next month...
The end of summer, some fun family events, and back to school schedules that make my work schedule (and life) so much easier.

Linking up with Shay and Lindsay.

Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.