Currently | January 2019

Since it's been a while, let's chat about my current obsessions... 

Watching:
 
I have restarted Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on Netflix. I LOOOOOVE this show. Phryne's sass and confidence is so refreshing and the show is just dang good. The backdrop of 1920's Australia is pretty cool and her progressive attitude towards gender equality is awesome to see. I was so sad when they did not continue after season 3, but I hear there may be a movie happening soon. Let's hope so! If not, I may have to resort to reading the book series. 

Reading:
Physical book: Unsub by Meg Gardiner. This one is CREEPY. I've never read a serial killer thriller before, and this book is about the Prophet, who brutally murders couples and taunts police with cryptic messages. The detective in this story is the daughter of the detective originally in charge of "catching" the Prophet, who obviously failed, and now the killer has resurfaced decades later. IT"S SO GOOD. I have to read it during the day, though. No nighttime reading of this one for me :) 

Kindle book: Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen. This is book 4 (?) in the Brooklyn Bruisers series and I have loved reading all their love stories. This one FINALLY features Nate and Becca's romance, which has been hinted at SINCE BOOK ONE. It's been killing me! I'm loving it so far. I tend to like all of Sarina's books. They're not the next great literary work of our generation or anything, but they are fun and get me through when I'm having a hard time or just want to escape. 

Listening: 
I have been OBSESSED with listening to Amazon music lately. I really like the playlist feature and you get A LOT of music for free with the service. My favorite playlist this month has been "Shinedown & More", which has some of the most kick-ass rock music out there. 

Making:
 
Does coming back to this blog count? I am also getting back into calligraphy and journaling. My brain needs to slooooow down yet still keep busy. I'm enjoying it. I need to get back to my Skillshare classes to continue improving my lettering skills.

Feeling:
 
So grateful it is the weekend and I can recharge! As an introvert who works a very extrovert job, I am usually exhausted by the time Friday comes along. Bring on the puppy snuggles, house cleaning, and general stay-at-home-ness that is going to happen. Plus I get my weekly visit with my best friend and her baby (AKA my favorite human ever) so that makes my Saturdays something I always look forward to.

Shopping: 
I have consciously taken a break from the stores after Christmas, but let me tell you that I am ITCHING to go to Christmas Tree Shop. Over the holidays I did the majority of my shopping there, and I was so pleasantly surprised at the home decor they have! They have a whole section of modern rustic decor that I can't wait to get my hands on. Gimme! 

Loving:
 
The new blanket I got for Christmas. It is a really nice black and white buffalo check and I received it a a Secret Santa gift from a lovely coworker.
I am also looooving reading my tablet. Don't get me wrong, I love my old Kindle, but I like that when I'm hanging out on the couch with my hubby or we're in bed I can read without a light because the tablet is backlit. It makes reading more convenient not needing a booklight or lamp when the hubby is trying to watch a movie with the lights off. 

Looking forward to:
 
I'm gearing up for my hubby's birthday surprise (Shinedown concert in March, shhh!) and I am SO EXCITED. He's never been to a concert featuring music he likes yet has been dragged to quite a few featuring my fave stuff (Britney in Vegas and Kenny Chesney, hell yeah!). I thought it was time for him to experience a concert with one of his favorite bands. He has NO idea and I can't wait to surprise him. I might make a little overnight trip out of it, since it is about 2 hours away. I'm excited! Is it March yet?


Alright... I think that's all I've got for now! Hope you enjoyed!

Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.