Some little luxuries


The term "luxury" is tricky. To most people, it means something that is expensive or high quality; even the dictionary describes luxury as "the state of great comfort and extravagant living". 

Personally, I relate to the "great comfort" aspect more so than the extravagant living one for a couple reasons: 
1. I truly enjoy the simple things in life
   2. Let's be real, extravagant = expensive

So, I thought I'd list out my favorite little luxuries; these are the little things I do that are cozy, comforting, and just make me happy.

Candles
I love burning one on my stove, kitchen table, and bedside table. I'm not a brand snob. I've even loved candles from my local drugstore. Anything pine, apple or vanilla scented is my jam. 

Reading by the "fireplace"
Nothing feels more luxurious than indulging in a chapter or two in front of your fireplace- whether its real or, in my case, faux.  

Really thick moisturizer
I have been OBSESSED with the Anew Skinvincible Deep Recovery Cream. I have SUUUUUUPER dry skin, so my skin just loves this stuff. It's super thick and makes my face feel so smooth and hydrated after application. I put on a generous amount. It's marketed for night time, but I use it both day and night because I find most day creams are not moisturizing enough. 

Fluffy blanket and coffee
There is nothing better than waking up and getting a few minutes to relax with your coffee under a super soft fleece blanket.

Walking around the bookstore 
I could spend HOURS in a Barnes and Noble. I love walking around, taking in all the different books and journals and bookmarks. It's almost like life slows down when I'm in a bookstore. I haven't been in a while, so I think I will have to make it a priority next weekend. 

Buy yourself some fresh flowers
Because, why not? Nothing cheers up a space more than some fresh flowers in a beautiful vase. I try to do this at least once a month. Treat yourself!

Now that I got my list out of the way, I'd love to know yours! What are some little luxuries that make you happy? 


Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.