Beauty products and skincare I'm loving right now


I am not a huge makeup or beauty product kind of girl. I used to really enjoy all things makeup: playing with it, buying it, and watching tons of YouTube videos about it. But, in recent years I have forced myself to be realistic about my actual hobbies and the time I have to do them, and let's face it: I'm NOT the kind of girl who wakes up at 6 am to do a full face of makeup before work. More often than not, I leave my house bare-faced, and I'm OK with that. Recently, I've discovered how important skincare is, but my reality is that it has to be SUPER simple and basic for me to be consistent with it. Over the years I have discovered a handful of products that I really enjoy and- shocker!- actually use all the time. 

My Daily Must Haves (AKA, skincare for my SUPER dry skin): 
    CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser // I love this stuff because it is super gentle yet cleanses well, and it leaves my skin feeling SO soft and hydrated.

    Cerave Hydrating Miscellar Water // I feel like there should be a warning label on the bottle: DO NOT use this as a micellar water or put it anywhere near your eyes; this stuff STINGS that area so badly! I use it as a toner, after cleansing and before moisturizer.

    Anew Skinvincible Deep Recovery Cream // This moisturizer is technically marketed as a night cream, but I use it day and night. It is super thick and hydrating, so my Sahara Desert skin soaks this stuff up. My bestie Lauren sells Avon, so that's how I get my hands on it. You can order it through her rep link here

    St. Ives Green Tea Face Scrub // I love this if I need to exfoliate, which I do at least twice a week (the Target brand is JUST as good, FYI):




    If I wear makeup, this is what is on my face/ what I use 99% of the time: 
    Spoiler alert: I'm just an even skin tone, neat brows & lots of lashes girl. 

    Glossier Boy Brow // This is definitely a pricey product, but I LOVE this stuff. I have super bushy brows, and this is the best brow gel that I have tried. It fills in sparse areas but also has great hold throughout the day. TBH, the Essence Make Me Brow is an affordable and just-as-good alternative.

    Pixi Lip Balm  // I LOVE this lip balm. I typically have chapped lips, and hate the feeling of lipstick and having to worry about it going everywhere. I'm super low maintenance when it comes to lip color, so this is a good compromise for me. It's hydrating but tinted just enough that it gives a hue of color. Plus, its super affordable at Target. 

    ELF lip stain  // Again, I hate the feeling of most lip products but this stuff feels like literal water upon application, then stains your lips for a really natural, yet just-ate-a-popsicle look. 

    Pixi Glow Mist  // THIS STUFF IS MAGIC. It makes me SO GLOWY, and I even use it as a final step in my skincare most days. It's definitely earned a coveted spot in my beauty product basket on my (teeny) bathroom vanity. 

    Real Techniques Makeup Sponge  // I haven't used a foundation brush in years. I don't think I ever will again, honestly. No explanation needed. 

    L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation // Again with the theme of hating the feeling of product on my face, this foundation provides light coverage yet feels like nothing. It sadly has been discontinued so I'm on the hunt for a new cushion (or lightweight/ sheer coverage) foundation. 


    Alright that's it guys, thanks so much for reading! What are your current beauty faves that you're actually using? I'd love to know!


    Comments

    Popular posts to check out!

    Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

    coffee chat

    The best news I could ever share.