Currently | February 2019

Time for my February round-up of current favorites! I am currently...

Watching: 
I can't believe it, but I've actually been watching new stuff!

I've watched a couple true crime documentaries, the most shocking (and infuriating) one being Abducted in Plain Sight. A young girl is kidnapped by an adult male family friend who is essentially obsessed with her, and she develops pretty severe Stockholm Syndrome. This story is crazy and I couldn't stop watching. It's horrible but all I could think about was, how dumb is this family? They repeatedly allow their creepy friend around their daughter and their recorded phone calls with him make them seem eerily calm about the whole situation. It gave me the creeps!

Still on the documentary train, my hubby and I have been watching and enjoying Rotten, a Netflix documentary series that focuses on corruption in the food world. Each episode surrounds a different food. It's weirdly fascinating and gives you a lot to think about.

I also watched (and loooooooved) Big Little Lies. I read the book late last year, and gave it 4 stars. I loved both versions of the story. The acting was wonderful and the cinematography was so great. Overall I liked the show a bit more than the book. Even my husband enjoyed the miniseries. I heard there may be a second season? I'd be interested in seeing where they take the story.


Reading:
I'm in the middle of a reading slump right now, which is such a bummer. I keep picking up books but can't seem to get into any of them. Currently, I'm trying out Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan, so that after I'm finished hubby and I can watch the movie together. I have heard great things, so here's to hoping I enjoy it.


Listening to:
Guys, I'm still into the Shinedown & More playlist on Amazon Music. Cant stop, won't stop.

As far as podcasts go:
-I discovered Pretty Basic, and really like it. It gives you a more grown up, mature side to these girls who otherwise I would never relate to or care to consume their content on YouTube because their videos are aimed at a much younger audience (the hosts of Pretty Basic are Alisha Marie and Remi Cruz).
-I also am loving SLP Happy Hour, and even though I'm not a speech therapist by any means, I really relate to their strive for work-life balance and self-care.


Feeling: 
The Sunday blues... refer to the "looking forward to" section below.


Shopping: 
I just went to Target today and picked up a couple new skincare items: Cerave's hydrating facial cleanser and the hydrating micellar water. My skin has been so crazy dry lately and its driving me nuts. I hope these products work.

I also bought a cute floor lamp for the living room, updated my tank tops that I wear on the daily under all my shirts, and grabbed the Maybelline Total Temptation mascara to try out.


Loving: 
-wearing my white low top converse sneaks (basically on the daily)
-getting back into audiobooks
-vanilla lattes (I don't usually like espresso shots, who am I?!)
-meal prepping lunches for work (it makes my life sooooo easy in the morning)


Looking forward to:
Next weekend... As I am writing this blog post, it is Sunday night. I love my job, but I've been definitely getting the Sunday blues lately. As bad as this sounds, I'm already really looking forward to next weekend, where I can just chill out at home, get stuff done around the house,  and not talk to anyone. Honestly, my goal this week is to only work my 40 hours, come home when I am supposed to, and not stay so late at the office. Maybe that's why I'm feeling a little burnt out right now. Wish me luck :-)

That's all folks! What are your current faves? I'd love to know!

Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.