Celebrating Easter while in a season of waiting

Today was Easter. Although I was incredibly grateful to be with my family, all I could think about was one thing: we are still child-less when all we want in this world is to be parents. I love my nieces and nephew, but it's not the same. Today, I longed to have my own baby with me during the Easter egg hunt at my mother-in-law's, instead of watching my sisters-in-law with their children. Holding my 5-month-old niece in my arms was so hard- because over a year ago, I thought that I would be holding my own in my lap at Easter dinner. I can't help but feel like there's a void in my heart. I can't help but think over and over again, I wasn't expecting this. In this season of waiting, I have struggled to accept what seems to be so unfair. I can only hope and pray that one day, hopefully soon, we will get to have these special traditions with our baby. That's really all I can say at this point. Sometimes it helps me to just get it out... and if this resonates with even one person out there, it was worth it. 

Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.