What I eat in a day WW freestyle edition: 36 daily points

In an effort to get fit and take better care of ourselves, my husband and I restarted Weight Watchers. WW is the only program that's ever worked for me. I like it because it doesn't deprive you of anything, it mostly focuses on portion control and macros, and is a lot easier than calorie counting. I thought it would be fun to do a "what I eat in a day on WW" post. I hope this gives you guys ideas for future meals. My meal plan is nothing creative or outstanding, and I try to keep things really simple- getting complex recipes or new foods I've never tried before is how I set myself up to fail- but you never know when inspiration may strike for others. As far as how I am doing- so far, so good! I've already lost 6 pounds. So, without further ado, here is what a typical day of eating looks like for me:

Me and breakfast DO NOT get along- I never seem to have time for it, and am honestly not that hungry when I wake up.  So even though I woke up at 6 AM with the dogs, I didnt get around to esting until almost 10. I had 1 slice of wheat bread for 3 points with a banana (0 points), 2 hardboiled eggs (0 points) and coffee with 2 Tbsp of Sugar Free Italian Sweet Cream (1 point). 

For lunch, I ate half of a flatbread pesto and feta pizza for 14 points. Thats pretty high for a lunch, but considering my pre-tracked dinner was low points, I decided to splurge. It was worth it, by the way. The pizza was so delicious.
Snacks are my favorite, but today I wasn't too hungry so I didn't have any today. But, during the work week, my go-to combo has been 2 Tbsp of Sabra Classic Hummus (2 points) with baby carrots (0 points) or buffalo pretzel crisps (10 for 3 points), 1 WW part-skim mozzarella string cheese (1 points), and grapes (0 points).

Dinner was super simple and only 7 points. I made a chicken and rice bowl with carrots, celery, tomatoes, green pepper, and scallions. I drizzled 1 tbsp of crema over it (sour cream,  hot sauce, and a pinch of salt) and drank a lemon-lime seltzer water (0 points).  It was SO. GOOD.
I was craving something sweet after dinner so I had half of a double chocolate mousse Built Bar for 2 points.
As far as drinks go, I refilled my 40 oz bottle 3 times, totalling to 120 ounces for the day.

Total Points Used for the day: 28/36. I ended the day in my "healthy eating zone" (between 26- 41 smart points) and got a blue dot! Yay.
So that's what my day of eating usually looks like on WW! I get a lot of points, but that  number will go down as I lose weight. Its been fun finding new foods and recipes to fit my daily allotment of smart points. Do you have any good recipes or food finds (especially for snacks- my favorite thing ever)? I'd love to know.

Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

Our Memorial Day Weekend