The BEST chicken salad recipe!

I love chicken salad! I rarely make it though, and I'm not sure why- after using this recipe, I realized just how easy it is. Here is the chicken salad recipe I am currently obsessed with, courtesy of Sandy's Kitchen Adventures.

Ingredients:
  • 10.5 ounces cooked chicken, cubed or shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store)
  • ½ cup celery, chopped
  • ¼ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
  • 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
  • 2 tsp dijon mustard
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • ¼ tsp onion powder
  • 1 ounce walnuts, chopped (optional)
This recipe is super easy! Just combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until combined. For my "bread" I had two options: baby cauliflower pizza crusts to make sandwich thins, and butter lettuce wraps. It was so delicious and I am going to make this a staple in my lunch rotation. 

If you want the cauliflower pizza crust recipe, here it is (again, credit to Sandy's Kitchen):

Ingredients: 
  • 1 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 1 oz. 2% reduced fat mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup grated cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup egg beaters
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp onion powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/8 tsp oregano 
To make the "sandwich thins": 
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grate 1 cup of cauliflower in a food processor (or, be lazy like me and buy already-grated riced cauliflower!). On a cookie sheet have parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray ready. Combine crust ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture on the cookie sheet in two small separate batches to make the "bread", spreading both batches to a thin layer about the shape of a salad plate. Bake for 30 minutes, flip crusts over, and bake an additional 7-10 minutes.    

Hope you enjoy this super easy chicken salad recipe! I thought it was delicious and the perfect light lunch.         

Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.