Recent Reads | February 2019

This is my first ever link up, and I love that it's about books! This link up is called Show Us Your Books, hosted by Steph and Jana, and it focuses on all the books you read throughout the month. I have to say, February was not the best for me reading-wise. I fell into a pretty big reading slump, and nothing was grabbing my attention. Even though I didn't actually finish many books, I thought it would be a good idea to showcase both sides of my reading this month, the books I enjoyed and also the books that just weren't doing it for me. Hopefully next month my reading will be much more successful and enjoyable.

FYI: Any links in this post will link you to the book's Goodreads page, where you can read the synopsis, reviews, and also click to buy the book via several different retailers. 
The books I finished: 
  • The Year of Starting Over by Karen King // This was a Netgalley review book, and it was just OK. Like I said in my Goodreads review, I didn't feel like there was enough conflict in the storyline and thought it ended too conveniently. I also thought the dialogue was a bit too formal and unrealistic of how people today generally communicate and converse.
  • Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan // I have a confession to make... I watched the movie before reading the book. I know, I know, that's like the cardinal sin of bookworms but hear me out- I had started this on Audible like 3 different times and just kept putting it down. I'm really glad I ended up watching the movie though, because I loved it so much that I picked up the book almost immediately after finishing it. It was sooooo good and I'm ecstatic that this is a 3 book series I can binge read.

The books I DNF'd: 
99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne // Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen // Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ileona Andrews
I don't have a ton to say about these, just that they didn't grab me and I found myself putting these books down waaaay more than picking them up. I will probably eventually finish Brooklynaire and 99 Percent Mine. As far as Magic Bites goes, I'm not sure. I think I need to be in an urban fantasy mood to really get into this one.

The books I'm in the middle of (and am totally loving):

Linking up with Steph & Jana.

Comments

  1. Eleanor Oliphant was one of my favourite books of 2018. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing people loving Eleanor. I rooted so hard for her.

    I couldn't get into the Crazy Rich Asian books but my BFF says I'd like the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for the library to finally give me Eleanor. I dragged my feet requesting it and now I'm impatient.

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

Our Memorial Day Weekend