Delicious sausage muffins

I have a confession to make... I rarely eat breakfast. This has always been a problem for me, but let's face it- it was a lot easier pre-pandemic to grab a coffee and bagel or an early lunch when you were already out of the house to go to work. Time flies when you work from home- leading to zero work-life balance in the middle of a crazy pandemic- and before I know it, it's 3 PM and I haven't eaten anything at all. I rarely eat out these days because its inconvenient to leave the house just to grab lunch; so I have been on the search for grab and go breakfasts that I can have with my morning coffee on the couch that will keep me full until lunch time.

I batch cook this breakfast on the weekends when I meal prep or early Monday morning. This really isn't a low-carb option (if that is what you are looking for), but right now, it is honestly more important that I actually eat something in the morning than worry about making sure it is low-carb. Plus most of my other meals are low-carb so I'm okay with this option.

Enter... sausage muffins! I can't remember where I found this recipe, and I think I honestly just piece-mealed (is that a word?) it together from a few I've found around the internet. These are super delicious, filling, and packed with protein. I guess you could always make this low carb, and omit the flour and maybe add more eggs and veggies to make mini quiches. It's a pretty versatile recipe. These are great for lunch too. Mine made 14 muffins so I had plenty to eat throughout the week.

Ingredients: 

  • 2 cups self-rising flour
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 1/2 cup milk 
  • 1 cup shredded cheese 
  • veggie(s) of choice
  • breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)

Instructions: 

  • Brown the sausage. In a bowl, mix together the eggs and veggie(s). In a second bowl, combine flour, milk, cheese, egg & veggie mixture, and browned sausage and mix together to combine into a batter. Pour mixture into oiled muffin tins, and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

I hope you enjoy if you try this out! Let me know what you think. What are some of your favorite batch-cook breakfasts? I am always looking for new ideas.  

Comments

  1. You could try with almond flour if you wanted to make it low carb. Maybe I'll give it a try next week...🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I have almond flour. They're so good. Very "bready" if that makes sense.

      Delete
  2. I am a total breakfast person but would not necessarily need something hearty like sausage in the morning. This sounds good though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

Our Memorial Day Weekend