Friday Favorites! | A book series, donuts, decluttered guest room, and toddler snuggles

Happy Friday everyone! Its been a doozy of a week and I needed a pick me up so I decided to try my hand at picking out favorite things/ events from the week!

On Wednesday night, my sweet grandfather passed after a long, difficult fight with Cancer, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's. He was surrounded by his family-  his wife, children, and grandchildren. His passing is bitter sweet for us. We are sad, angry, and frustrated that he had to go through that, but we are also glad that he is no longer suffering. I have not been to work on Thursday or Friday this week. His services are expected to be early next week so I'll return to work probably Wednesday.  That event is obviously not a favorite this week, but it did provide the opportunity for several good things to pop up. Thank you, Vovo. ❤


Puppy cuddles | My sweet puppy was caught laying down next to my grandfather on his hospital bed. It was so sweet to see him cuddle next his his feet, as if he was comforting him. The world does not deserve dogs... they are the most understanding creatures.


Good books | I finished a series (who am I?!)!  It took me a whole month, but I finally finished the tome that is A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. It's the only book I've read this month, but considering its 700 pages I'm OK with that.  It was an epic conclusion to the series that featured kickass battle scenes, sweet romance, incredible friendships, and an unbreakable bond between family. The book had everything, really.  My only qualm was that it was so long, and I thought things could have been wrapped up much quicker. There is a novella that follows this book, but I heard it doesn't add anything to the story.  Knowing me though, I will want to see more between Rhys and Feyre (all the heart eye emojis 😍😍😍😍😍) and will probably pick it up at some point soon. I still think book 2 is my favorite, but I really enjoyed ACOWAR. I think I'm going to give this 4 stars.


Yummy desserts | Because we have had so much family around this week, the food has not been scarce. People have been bringing us platters of food and desserts. We discovered a bakery in our area that have the best donuts I've ever tried in my life. I think the proximity of the bakery is going to cause a huge problem for us!


Decluttered guest room | We got some unexpected guests come to stay with us, so we quickly worked to clear some of the storage boxes we kept in the guest room. The room looks so nice! It is finally a working guest room after 3 years of being a storage unit. When we got our new king size bed, we put our queen into the guest room. I also moved a console table that was at the end of the hallway into the room, and the wood tones of it match nicely to the bed. I want to hang up some artwork and maybe get a lamp and the room will be finished. It's a really lovely space, and I'm so glad it's finally almost done.

Toddler snuggles | Our house has been full to capacity for the past week or so. Besides cousins, family friends, and acquaintances, my aunts and uncles and all their kids have been around, and it has been a lot. My godson especially is a super hyper active three-year-old. I love him tons but he can be a lot to handle, and he really doesn't sit still for more than 2 seconds. However, last night he was super tired, and while the girls were watching Shrek he cuddled on my lap and fell asleep on me. It was so sweet and made me smile. I wish I had thought to take a photo!

So that has been my week so far! Lots of ups and downs, but looking for the positive has been really helpful. I'd love to know your Friday favorites from the week!

Linking up with WhitneyErika, and Andrea.

Comments

  1. I am sorry about your grandfather. That was a sweet moment with your pup!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate your kind words. It really was the sweetest :) He's the best!

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you, boo. Take care of yourself. Love you!❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

Our Memorial Day Weekend