Friday Favorites | new pajamas, bookshelf, Kindle, lighting hack, new clothes, & more

Happy Friday everyone!  Man, am I glad it's the weekend. I am on vacation for the week as of 5:30 today... so exciting. I have so many home projects to get to so it will be a working vacation, but I won't have to think about emails or clients or treatment plans for 9 days... it will be lovely to get a break and hang out with my hubby. 

Surprisingly, my list of favorites this week is pretty long! I hadn't realized how much I was enjoying some really simple things. Trying to look for the positive more often is so helpful in getting me into a good, healthy mindset. I guess having a more positive outlook is technically also a favorite this week. 

New pajama set. One day after doing laundry and putting everything away, I realized I didn't have any nice, cool pajama sets for summer. Usually, I'll just wear sweats and a big t-shirt to bed. But, there really is nothing better than climbing into bed in a cute PJ set. I searched my old faithful (Amazon, obviously) for pajama shorts sets and found these. I LOVE them. I have them in two colors- the black and white, as pictured below, and pink and black. Highly recommend. 

My Kindle. Lately, I have been LOVING reading on my Kindle! There is nothing like reading a physical book, but I have been liking the convenience of a slim Kindle. I have been trying to take actual lunch breaks at work and read on my lunch, so I like that I  can easily slip my Kindle into my work bag without it bulking up too much. I also prefer to read on my Kindle in bed- if I accidentally smack myself in the face when I doze off, at least it won't be a huge hardcover book lol. 

Bookshelf/ new office configuration. I am in the market for a bookshelf. While I am looking/ shopping around, my mom gave me my childhood bedroom's bookshelf. My dad brought it over last weekend and it's already full. Can you believe all these books were in my IKEA cart and a two shelf cabinet? I also rearranged my office so that I could fit the bookshelf in there. I like the blue table in front of the window. It really fits the space. I hang out in my office all the time, so it's important to me that it is functional but homey. I'm loving this spruced up space. 




Thrillers. Speaking of books, I have been really enjoying thriller novels. Mystery/thrillers are one of my favorite genres, but because I had been reading a lot of historical fiction and fantasy, it had been a while since diving into one. It's been so nice getting back into mysterious, creepy, compulsive reads. 


New clothes. I went to Kohl's recently and found some really cute clothes! I was getting bored and uninspired with my wardrobe, so I'm grateful that I have some new items that make me feel good about myself, and I feel so much more put together when I wear them. Two of my favorite items include this cute t-shirt and and a jean jacket.                       

                                  

Lighting hack. Over the winter, I bought a floor lamp for our living room. I didn't realize until I brought it home that you turn it on by pushing the button that is attached to the wire on the floor. It was so inconvenient. So, I found a wireless switch we had originally purchased for our Christmas tree lights. Essentially, you plug the adaptor into a wall plug, plug the lamp into the adaptor's plug, and then you can wirelessly turn on the lamp via a remote control. I LOVE this little hack. The small remote lives secretly behind a picture frame, and now I don't have to break my back bending over couches to turn the lamp on. 
My lamp, in case you were interested!

Straightening my hair. I have straightened my hair almost everyday this week. I love how it looks on me, and it makes me feel more confident. 

Spring weather! After what feels like months of rain on end, we are finally getting a taste of spring! It's been gorgeous the past few days and it looks like the next week or so's temps are going to be as well. 


New bag. I got a new bag, and I'm obsessed with it. It's basically a dupe of the Gucci Soho Disco bag but like, 1/100th of the price haha... I love the tassel and that it is a crossbody. I wear this bag basically on the daily, and it fits all my essentials. 

Blogging. Blogging has been a lifesaver this week. It has kept me busy, entertained, reflective... you name it. I love it, and picking it back up this year is something I don't regret at all. Over the past week or so, I blogged about about my recent reads, what I keep in my makeup bag, and my tidy home tips.  

Puppy pictures. I'll leave you with these... I love when he poses for the camera! How perfect is he... 😍😍😍

                 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! What are some favorites from your week? I'd love to know. 


Linking up with WhitneyErika Andrea, and Beth.


<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19925521/?claim=4unq65ppwxu">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

  1. Your dog is a ham, like our cat! I expect soon both will be asking for specific Instagram filters for their shots. Great to find you through the gratitude linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure does love the camera. My entire instagram is Cooper. I barely post pics of anything else haha. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Hey Felicia!
    Your pup is adorbs! And a poser like Eli said, lol. He knows his best angles. Hahah
    I hope you’re enjoying your time off, I’m sure it’s much, much deserved.
    I love those sleep sets and I’ve got to pick up some for me. Most of my short sets are worn or too warm for summer, and I’m already sweating my ass off nightly, so less is more. Thanks for the link. :)

    PS B.A. Paris is an excellent writes excellent thrillers. They’re my fave too (genres).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you- he knows he is cute and thinks that is the key to him getting away with EVERYTHING lol... we are enjoying our time off! Going back to work will be hard for sure!
      I love BA Paris! I read Behind Closed Doors and really enjoyed it! I have a couple of options of hers on my Kindle/ Audible account.
      Hope you have a good weekend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

Our Memorial Day Weekend