What's in my makeup bag?

I used to wear makeup much more frequently than I do now, and over the years I have culled down my collection to just a few pieces. I keep a small makeup bag on my desk, so that when I do want to wear it, those are the products that I reach for.  They help me create a really simple face that make me feel and look really put together.


Makeup Bag // I received this as a free gift with purchase at Ulta. I love the color and size of it.

Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express // The current mascara I am using up. I really like the length and volume it gives my lashes and it is an easy formula to work with. It doesn't clump or flake, and it's a great low maintenance but effective mascara.

L'oreal True Match Lumi cushion foundation // My favorite foundation! I was HEARTBROKEN to discover that it is discontinued because I like the medium coverage it gives and prefer it so much more to liquid foundations. I rarely use foundation because I don't like how it feels on my face but with this one I can't really feel it. When I do apply it, I mostly focus it in my t-zone and spread it out.

Glossier Boy Brow // My favorite brow gel for my crazy unruly brows. It's like hairspray for your eyebrows without the crunchy look and feel.

Elf brow pencil // My holy grail brow pencil when I do fill in my brows.  Because I already have really thick brows, I don't need a really thin pencil like the Anastasia Brow Wiz. The Elf pencil has a thicker, waxy tip and does a great job just overall shading my sparse areas without it making my eyebrows too blocky-looking.

Maybelline Exagerate Eyeliner (in brown) // The current one I'm using. I have been enjoying brown over black for a "natural", smudged look on my lash line.

Revlon lipgloss // I hate wearing lipstick, and the feel of it on my lips, but I love wearing lip gloss because I don't have to worry about it smudging off or wearing weirdly like I do with lipstick. My favorite is this Revlon one that I have had for years and should probably replace. It's a pale pink that looks nice sheered out for just a hint of color on the lips.  I instantly feel pretty when I put this on.

Real Techniques Sponge // Not pictured above because it needs to be cleaned. I use this with my foundation. I love that sponge, and prefer it over beauty blender. I keep it in my makeup bag in a dry shampoo cap (lol) to keep it separate from all the products.

That's everything from me today! I'd love to know your everyday products and what you like to keep handy in your makeup bag.



Comments

  1. The shampoo cap is actually a really smart idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.