Friday favorites (on a Monday?!) and weekend full of family time

Happy Monday everyone! I had planned to write this post over the weekend, but it was so jam packed that I didn't have time- so I am compiling my last week's favorites with a weekend recap. 

By Friday last week, I was SO GLAD it was the weekend. The work week was so stressful, I  had been counting down to Friday as of mid-morning Monday! Knowing I was doing this post was definitely a good mood-booster throughout the week, and a good reminder to be mindful (and grateful) for the little things in the day-to-day that make me happy. 

Some of my favorites from the week: 

My new morning routine. I have recently fallen into a new morning routine that is much more productive than the one I had previously. I used to have a very laid-back morning, in which I would get up, drink my coffee, and watch TV on the couch- then realize that I needed to get ready quickly or I'd be late for work. I would shower quickly, throw my wet hair in a messy bun, and put on whatever clothing itms were closest to me. Lately though, I have started hopping in the shower first thing and have been putting in more of an effort daily into my appearance. I have really enjoyed doing my hair everyday and it has really helped me feel better about myself in this weird season I am in. I then get dressed with an outfit I picked out the right before, grab my coffee in my to-go mug, and head out the door. I have been less stressed in the mornings following this routine. Plus, doing my hair daily is helping with how much hair I lose, and I am also more regular with my skincare. It's a win-win situation. 

Getting back to using my planner regularly. I used my planner so much last week and I really can't explain the peace it gives me to have everything I need to do in one place. It is always on my desk next to my computer but with the craziness of July I didn't use it regularly. Last week I did, and made sure to write in all my appointments, sessions, reminders, and priority to-do items. It was a good way to ease the overwhelm I had been feeling with everything going on at work. 


Concert tickets. I scored great prices on concert tickets last week! I grabbed tickets for my husband and I to see Breaking Benjamin & Three Days Grace in a couple weeks and also grabbed my mom and I tickets to see Dierks Bentley (who we saw Friday night! Spoiler: it was a favorite from the week). I am looking into Luke Combs and also just purchased tickets to see Jason Aldean and Kane Brown for next month. I use the LiveNation app and really like the ease of it. I will definitely use it for more ticket purchases in the future. 




And now, for a little weekend recap: 

Friday night, I got to see Dierks Bentley in concert! He had Jon Pardi and Tenille Townes as his opening acts, and they were both great too. Seeing him was the highlight of my week. He is SO good live, and he sang all my faves. He puts on a great show and is so personable. He's just so much fun. I'll have to add him to my yearly rotation of country concerts. I went with my mom and it was nice to get out on a Friday night after the craziness of the work week. Plus, I just love him. 







After getting home from the concert at 1 AM Saturday morning, I was up again bright and early by 7:30 AM to be at my sister in law's house by 8:30. We headed to a local waterpark that was about an hour away and spent the entire day there. I went in the lazy river WAY too many times to count with my nieces and nephew, and just relaxed in the cabana. Definitely a good way to spend a weekend day, but I was honestly ready to leave by 2. I was exhausted by the time I got home around 7:30! I wasn't feeling well that night, probably from being in the sun all day and fell asleep by 8. I slept straight through until the next morning!



On Sunday, we had another baptism to go to, this time for my husband's cousin's baby boy. We saw our family again and my niece made sure to sit next to me at our table- she's been attached to my hip this summer. 

When we got home, I had SO much cleaning up and prepping to do for the work week, so while my husband napped before work I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, living room and my office, and cooked pork chops and rice for dinner. 

It was a very full weekend, and I am taking a slow Monday morning to recuperate! I am working from home today- I'm so grateful for my flexible schedule and that I am allowed to even work from home. That is a luxury that not too many people have these days! 

That's all I've got today! Hope you all had a great weekend, and cheers to a new work week. 


Linking up with WhitneyAndrea, Beth, and Lindsay.

Comments

  1. Ugh, I need to start using my planner again. We should have a weekly reset day when we plan for the week and meal plan/prep... and drink🍷😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work from home and I am so glad my work lets me do that otherwise I would have had to quit when we move. Your weekend sounds busy but so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.