What's Up Wednesday | August 2019


It's already the end of August. I can't believe it- before we know it, it will be Halloween! Before we get to that, though, it's time to recap the month with the What's Up Wednesday link up. 

What we're eating this week... 
  • Monday: chicken sausage and spaghetti 
  • Tuesday: solo Mexican date
  • Wednesday: Parmesan crusted chicken & rice
  • Thursday: chicken bowls 
  • Friday: enchiladas 

What I'm reminiscing about... 
I was looking at old pictures of my Cooper the other day... I can't believe how small he was! 










What I'm loving... 
I did a couple of Friday Favorites posts this month (posts here and here). I talked about my new morning routine, using my planner, recent concerts I snagged tickets to, a new Instagram artist I'm obsessed with, quality family time, and a fun work outing that really cheered me up after a stressful couple of days. 

I have found a lot of comfort in infertility support lately, in the form of Instagram accounts, blog posts, and books that I wanted to share with others. I'm also really proud of my latest infertility post, where I talked about what infertility has felt like for me. If it even helps one person understand, then I will be happy. It was a really cathartic experience for me to write and I even shared it with my husband- who said that it was so helpful to see what my thoughts looked like in words. It led to such a good conversation for us. 

What we've been up to... 
So, so much. August was crazy busy. Most of my weekends were spent at family events- parties, outings, concerts. I've definitely enjoyed myself, but I am pooped and looking forward to slower weekends come the fall. Also, work this month has been pretty stressful and because I've found myself needing an outlet after my crazy days, I've been more consistent with blogging. 

What I'm dreading... 
I can't think of anything right now, which is definitely refreshing!

What I'm working on... 
After taking an accidental month off, I've been trying to get back into the blogging swing of things. It's really cathartic for me! I would like to do more original posts, but I have loved participate in link-ups. 

What I'm excited about.. 
FALL. Hoodie weather. Cooler nights. Football. Did I mentione that I'm excited for Fall? 

What I'm watching/ reading... 
I shared a Recent Reads towards the beginning of the month. I loved all the books I mentioned in that post: An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Wareand Naked in Death, Glory in Death, and Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)

I have a post coming up in the beginning of September for the next Show Us Your Books linkup where I talk about the books I've read since that last Recent Reads post: Mixed Blessings by Danielle Steele, The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez, The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker, and The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves. Spoiler alert: I loved all of them!

Currently, I'm in the middle of reading Say You're Sorry by Karen Rose. Since I loved The Simple Wild so much I might pick up K.A. Tucker's latest release, Say You Still Love Me. I accidentally one-clicked it on Amazon when I tried to put it on my library wishlist. I would say I'm upset about that, but then I'd be lying lol. 

As far as watching goes, my husband and I are rewatching Blue Bloods in preparation for the upcoming season. We recently watched the Netflix documentary American Factory, which tells the story of a Chinese company reopening a closed factory in Ohio, and how the two cultures clash while doing so. I know that might sound kind of boring, but it was actually really interesting! It was also pretty amusing to see how the Chinese see Americans after working with them so closely. We also just finished watching Hyperdrive on Netflix, which is a drifting race competition. I would never have watched it on my own but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. That's what happens when you are desperate to spend time with your gear-head husband lol.

I shared my favorite binge-worthy shows in this post, in case you're in the market for something to watch! 

What I'm listening to... 
I've been pretty obsessed with Dierks Bentley's album, The Mountain and anything by Luke Combs. Those are my two favorites at the moment!

What I'm wearing... 
I am the worst at taking photos of my outfits but I have loved everything I've worn lately! I have been trying really hard to put effort into my appearance and I have been wearing some really cute tops! Also, my scrunchie game lately has been pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. #90sbabyforever

What I'm doing this weekend... 
Hopefully nothing (lol sorry, I'm a homebody). I have a cookout Friday but other than that, not many plans on the docket. I do however have serious decluttering dreams! Closet, I'm looking at you! Maybe I'll do a post on it. 

What I'm looking forward to next month... 
Going to see Jason Aldean and Kane Brown! And Fall, DUH. 

What else is new... 
That's it for now! Not much else has been happening, thank goodness. 

Linking up with Shay and Penny

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.