A rare weekend together, going to a rock show, bonfires with friends, and quality cuddles

Happy Monday, friends. I had a surprising and full weekend! My husband and I snagged tickets to a concert Sunday night, so he decided to call out on Saturday and make it a weekend. I was so happy! We don't get weekends together often, because he has Wednesday and Thursday off instead of Saturday and Sunday like me. Plus, like I mentioned in my last post, he has been working crazy mandatory OT, like he usually does every summer. So I was pleasantly surprised that he got to have the weekend off. 

Friday night was pretty uneventful. I read some of my book, cooked dinner, and tidied up a bit. A typical end-of-the-week night for me! 

On Saturday, we had a birthday party for our good friends' son. They're the friends we went on vacation with last month. I can't believe their little man's already 10! It's crazy how big he is- time really does fly. We always stay later than their family does, and we do our typical end-of-the-summer bonfire. It was so nice to catch up and just hang out past 9:00, which is usually when we say our goodbyes because hubby goes to work for 10. We had a blast. Our friends (especially the husbands) are hilarious (albeit sometimes SOOOO inappropriate) together- boys will be boys is all I can say about that! I've said this more than once, but over the past almost 9 years they have definitely corrupted me a bit. 

On Sunday morning, we chose to go out for breakfast at a local bakery/ restaurant. I had chourico hash, home fries, and over easy eggs with coffee. Val had a chourico and cheese omelette. Everything was so so good and we left there with happy, full bellies! We relaxed at home for a couple hours before getting ready to head to the concert. Cooper was in his glory with both of us being home with him at once.

Before we knew it, it was time to leave for the concert. We got free parking (score!) and grabbed some fried dough and popcorn. It was soooo good. The show featured a total of 5 bands- Diamante, Dorothy, Chevelle all had pretty awesome sets- but the bands we were most excited about were Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin. We sat on a blanket on the lawn of the outdoor amphitheater and had a BLAST singing along. I was surprised at how cold it was. My denim jacket was definitely not cutting it, so we rented lawn chairs and I used the blanket for extra warmth. I ended up warming up though, dancing and jumping around to our favorite songs. We got home super late, and waking up this morning for work was definitely tough- but it was so worth it. 





That's a wrap on my weekend! The next couple days will be spent playing catch-up: cleaning up, meal prep, laundry, and getting the house back in order. Hope everyone had a good weekend, and cheers to another week! 

Linking up with Lindsay. 

Comments

  1. When I was on a crime novel kick I loved Karen Rose. Count to Ten was awesome. Glad you had a great weekend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time really does go so fast. My godson is 7 in September. Seven! When did he stop being a cute toddler and become a proper little boy?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.