Friday Favorites | Comfiest sweater ever, beautiful bedding, Christmas lights, and duck boots.

Happy happy Friday, friends. I'm so thankful it's the weekend. Last weekend was Thanksgiving, so it was crazy busy. This weekend is a loooot slower, which I couldn't be happier about! I have a nail appointment with my bestie and my niece's birthday party at the local Children's Museum but other than that, I am going to have a lot of time to relax. Can't wait. This edition of Friday Favorites is pretty random, as usual. I love doing this weekly post because it makes me really pay attention to the little things in life that make me smile. I hope you can find simple joys in your day-to-day life, too. 

comfiest sweater, ever. Guys, I am on the American Eagle train lately and I cannot stop! This sweatshirt is the most comfy thing I have ever worn and I have it in three colors! If you're going to order it, I suggest maybe sizing down. It's an oversize fit that looks so cute with jeans and booties. So cute! And I am going to love wearing this around the house on cozy nights. 


getting out of my reading slump. I am finally into a book, you guys! I am reading The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams, and it is SO cute so far! 

my bedding. I bought a bedding set over 3 years ago from Target's Threshold brand. But my husband hates sleeping with comforters because he gets so hot at night, so I never got to use it. Well, last weekend I deep cleaned my bedroom and did not want to put the boring quilt he likes back on the bed because it just didn't fit the decor in our room. And I felt like I deserve to have nice bedding to go to sleep in after a long day! So I fished the comforter out of storage and put it on my bed. I'm so glad I did. I love it so much. My husband actually likes it too and is glad that I did it, too. Our bed is a king size, so he just folds it over when he sleeps and it doesn't bother him. Cooper is a huge fan as well. I've caught him sneaking away to nap on it on several occasions this week.  Even though I wouldn't buy this same bedding set these days since my style has changed to a much more neutral color palette, I'm still so happy with it. It's beautiful! 



Christmas lights. Our tree is finally up and I've loved having it lit at night. It makes everything seem so much more charming, especially my nightly cleaning routine when I can just look up from anywhere in my living space and see the lights. I always get a little sad when it's time to put it away for the year (after my impatience to take down Christmas ASAP lol). 

snow mornings off & my company. On Tuesday, my company closed for the morning due to the snow storm and we got to choose if we wanted to work from home or take time off. I worked for a few hours from my couch with the fireplace going and Cooper in my lap. Then I went to a 2 hour session, came back home and worked some more for a couple more hours. I got to do some meal prep and clean up my office during short breaks through the day and I was overall really productive with both work and life tasks. I'm thankful to work for a company that prioritizes our safety and comfort over money. It's a nice change from everywhere else I've worked in the past. 

my hubby's makeshift glove holder. This made me laugh. Only a man would take a beautiful decor piece and make it useful for functional purposes. He's been setting his gloves on my entry plant stand all week and I can't help but giggle whenever I see it. He's too funny. It literally looks like the gloves are holding up the plant lol. 

cute duck boots. I hate the cold, snowy weather but I love the fashion that goes along with it. My mom got me these for Christmas a few years ago and I love pulling them out every winter. My only qualm is that they're not warm. Maybe I need to invest in good boot socks. 

Cooper pics of the week. I haven't done this in forever. Here are my favorite pics lately of my adorable pup, Cooper. 

I came home to work for the afternoon and he was NOT having it. Such a lap dog. 

He crawled INTO my shirt to sleep hahaha... he's too much. 
Cooper hates clothes. My sister bought him a Halloween costume (panda lol) and he was SO mad
about wearing it... but he literally takes it out of his toy basket to play with it everyday. Such a ham. 
He thinks he is a parrot. Always sitting on my chest or shoulders. 
Annoyed that I'm disturbing him to snap a pic while he's trying to get comfy for a nap. 

Have a great weekend, guys! Thanks for reading! 

Linking up with DellaErika and Lindsay.
.    

Comments

  1. Love my tree at night too. We haven't put it up yet but I have light strings on the mantle and a few other places in the house. So cozy and peaceful!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper looks like such a character. :)
    Isn’t it nice you finally were able to pull out the three year old NEW bedding set? I’d say that’s a win! I’ve been on the hunt for a new bedding set and was about to buy one I saw online from Bed, Bath and Beyond but when we went to the store, they didn’t have anything from that popular brand whatsoever. I’m very much a person that dislikes order things online, unless it’s something I’ve previously bought. I’m a very tactile person and like to touch and feel things. Sadly I just decided to say screw it and revisit the issue another day. I also don’t want to spend a small fortune on anything too, right?

    Anyways..: hope you had a great week. Love that you get snow days. I’m up in Ontario, Canada and we never get those, but then again, I’m sure we’d have them every other day all winter long for six months straight and that’s not exactly conducive to business. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

Our Memorial Day Weekend