What's Up Wednesday (on a Sunday) | December 2019

I'm late for What's Up Wednesday but wanted to join in anyway! Here is what's up with us lately... 
What we're eating this week... I've been talking about this A LOT, but I have started a new diet ("lifestyle change" as they call it), focusing on eating low-carb/ lean protein. So, all my meals revolve around that. My favorites that I usually eat weekly include roasted chicken and broccoli, cauliflower pizza crust/ "sandwich thins", salads, spaghetti squash casseroles, and this week I am going to attempt to make zoodles for a chicken alfredo dish. Once I get more comfortable eating the boring basics, I can start trying to get creative.
What I'm reminiscing about... Christmas as a kid. Christmas Eve used to take place at my mom's house so the morning would be a mad dash to clean the house. At night time all my cousins, aunts, and uncles would come over for dinner and presents, then we would go house-hopping to all my other family members' houses until the wee hours of the morning. We would stay home Christmas Day in our pajamas, opening our stockings in the morning and playing with our new toys until it was time for lunch- leftovers of all the amazing food from the night before. Nowadays our Christmas looks a lot different, but it's still so fun to remember our old traditions.
What I'm loving... snow days, time spent with my little fam, comfy sweaters, reading, photo shoots of my pup, and twinkly Christmas lights. You can read all my lately Friday Favorites posts here
What we've been up to... Not much! I started a new med prescribed by my doctor to help with weight loss. Its an injection med, which I thought was going to be awful. It's actually not too bad, but I still make my husband do it for me. I look at it as a practice round for IVF if we need to go that route, lol. I've been experiencing some nausea that comes along with it, so hopefully that will subside soon. I've lost 20 pounds so far on my new eating plan! I'm hoping the new medication will help as well. In other news, I ended my reading slump, put to use "new" to me bedding that had been in storage for years, and put up our Christmas tree (post here). I FINALLY cleaned out my office closet, played with my nieces and nephew, and got a mani/pedi with my bestie (post here). And, last week I had my work yankee swap and played hooky from work so my hubby and I could explore the Breakers mansion all decked out for Christmas in Newport, RI (post here). Last week was so nice because my husband was on vacation. I get him for a few more days, since he doesn't go back until the day after Christmas. 
What I'm dreading... I always dread Christmas shopping. Thankfully we only buy for the kids in the family, our parents, and a couple of close friends, so I don't have a huge list. Still, every year I stress out over this.  
What I'm working on... I've been pretty consistent with blogging, so that's been cool! I actually posted over 80 times this year. I think that's pretty good! Something I think I need to get better at in the blogging space is not being so repetitive with things I talk about in my posts. It's hard sometimes! 
What I'm excited about... Disney on Ice!!! I'm taking my 3 year old godson the Saturday after Christmas and I think we are going to have a blast! 
What I'm watching... My husband and I have been obsessed with the Netflix docu-series called America's Book of Secrets, which talks all about secrets in the government (think the Free Masons, the White House's secrets, how the secret service works, the gold reserve of the US, etc.). It's super interesting. Kind of like a real-life National Treasure (which by the way is one of my all-time favorite movies!). Other than that, we watched a couple of movies this month- Playing with Fire with John Cena (it was SO BAD hahaha- The Pacifier did this story MUCH better ) and Jumanji 2, which we laughed our asses off during.
What I'm reading... so much! I finished 6 books this month so far. I can't wait to share my thoughts about them with you soon.

Currently, I'm reading The Woman in the Window. I had started this over a year ago but put it down because I got bored, honestly. I ended up picking it back up this week after I saw the movie trailer. It looks so interesting! 

What I'm listening to... we've been loving the Holiday Favorites station on Amazon Music. I also have loved listening to Kasey Musgraves. Her voice is just beautiful. My favorite song of hers has to be Rainbow. I have been getting back into podcasts, as well. This week I started back up with Smart Podcast, Trashy Books and First Bite: A Speech Therapy Podcast (I'm not an SLP- but I do work closely with them so I'm really interested in the field).  
What I'm wearing... I've been obsessed with my new favorite oversized sweater. It's on sale right now, is so comfortable, and I have it in three colors. I suggest sizing down even though they are meant to be oversized, because I felt my actual size looked sloppy on me.

I've also once again brought out my heaviest jacket and favorite Patriots winter hat, since it hit the teens this week outside! It has been SO. COLD.  

What we're doing this weekend... Considering this weekend is almost over I'll do a quick recap. Yesterday (Saturday) I got my nails done and ran an errand with my bestie in the morning, then had to pick up my husband who was stranded since his car died (luckily while he was visiting his cousin at his work- an auto shop!), then I went Christmas shopping. That was SUCH a big mistake. It was crazy out there. I actually left an entire full cart at Marshall's because the check out line was like an hour's wait long. Target was a little better and I got a lot checked off my list there. I came home and wasn't feeling great so I just hung out at home and went to bed early. Today is Sunday, so we are planning to go through our closet and do a clothing clean out (so fun haha). That's all that's on the docket so far.  
What I'm looking forward to next month... I thrive on routine, so I'm looking forward to "normal" life again. It's also my hubby's birthday! He turns 36 on January 29th. 
What else is new... Not much! I think I summed it all up! 
That's all from me today on this What's Up Wednesday (on a Sunday)! Hope you are all having a great weekend. Thanks for reading! 
Linking up with Shay


Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.