Thanksgiving, shopping, decorating for Christmas, meal prep, and cleaning

I hope everyone had a wonderful, family-filled Thanksgiving! I certainly did- I spent time with family and friends 3 out of 4 days of my Thanksgiving break. I of course forgot to take photos, but here's what I got up to over the long weekend! 

My company has Thanksgiving and Black Friday off, so I only worked until Wednesday last week. That was SO nice. I wrapped up work at 6:00 on Wednesday and flew home to be with my little family for the night. 

Thursday was Thanksgiving! I had TWO events to go to- my Mom's for lunch, then my in-laws' for dinner. But first, my hubby and I watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade. I always love getting to see the floats. I was worried they weren't going to be able to fly the balloons this year because of the winds, but they did! I was shocked at how low the balloons were flying. I loved seeing the performances- the Broadway casts that performed were especially amazing! I also adore the marching bands. I used to be in my high school marching band's Color Guard so it brings back some awesome memories. 

After the parade, I rushed to get ready to head to my mom's. It was just my parents, me, Val, and my grandmother this year. It was nice to have a quiet, normal lunch before the crazy hectic holiday dinner I was attending later that evening lol. Then, after a couple of hours of turkey comas, we headed to my in-laws. It's always crazy there haha- Val (my hubby) is 1 of 7 kids. 6/7 kids are married/ in relationships, and there are 4 grand babies and usually 3-4 dogs running around. IT'S CHAOS. But, I love it. I love spending time with my sisters-in-law and my nieces and nephew. It's good for my soul. Cooper loved getting to see his sister Molly. Molly is my sister-in-law's dog. Cooper and Molly were brought to us from the same litter 2 years ago. They love each other, it's so adorable. 

We got home SO late that night, so we cuddled up in bed to watch an episode of our new favorite show, The Black List. I can't believe I never watched it before. It's so good! Such as fun premise. 

The next day, we went to my mom's house for leftovers. We stayed there for a few hours then ran some errands, came home, and relaxed. It was a very chill day at our house. No Black Friday shopping for us lol. 

On Saturday, I went over to my best friend's house for coffee and to spend time with my "niece". When I get to go it's always the best part of my weekend. After that, I picked up my mom and grandmother and we headed off to Christmas Tree Shop. WOW was it crazy busy! I got some home decor and a few Christmas odds and ends. The store was so packed that I could barely maneuver the carriage around the store. 

After that, I came home and cleaned up a bit. I deep cleaned my bedroom and put on a new comforter that I got a few years ago but never got the opportunity to use. I adore it and it makes me so happy. Cooper is a big fan of it, too. 

Today is Sunday, and it has been a "get it all done" day. I grocery shopped, cleaned my bathroom, entry, living room and kitchen, meal prepped a few lunches, cooked dinner and lunch for my husband, decorated for Christmas, packed my bags, picked out my work outfit for tomorrow, and wrote a few blog posts. It's only about 10:00 now but I am pooped. 

That was my long weekend in a nutshell! I haven't had a weekend this packed in a really long time. Next weekend should be a looooot slower. Aside from a nail appointment and birthday party, I have a lot of scheduled in me-time. 

Hope you all had a great weekend and holiday. Happy Monday, thanks for reading!
Linking up with Lindsay


Comments

Popular posts to check out!

Friday Favorites! A hodge podge of random things

coffee chat

The best news I could ever share.